NSLDS Professional Access – Upcoming Launch of Modernized Website and Important Deadlines, Outage, and Training Information
On July 25, 2022, the Department of Education released Electronic Announcement: General-22-35 announcing that a modernized National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Professional Access website will be available for Federal Student Aid’s (FSA’s) professional partners. The enhanced website represents our continued commitment to improving customer experiences and outcomes by modernizing our technology, tools, and resources.
FAS strongly encourages all Institutions to read the EA in its entirety as this will directly impact your usage in NSLDS moving forward.
The updated NSLDS Professional Access will feature a user interface that includes the following:
- An enhanced look and feel that makes it easier for users to navigate the most used functionality.
- An improved user experience that provides a comprehensive overview of a recipient’s total financial aid history in one central location.
- A simple, easy-to-read breakdown of a borrower’s aggregate loan amounts.
- Enhanced access to a student’s current and future grant information that is synchronized with information from the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System. This feature eliminates the need to toggle between the two systems to access complete grant information.
- A simplified process for most reports that allows users to download reports directly to their desktop without using their Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) mailbox.
Refer to the sections below for important details about upcoming reporting deadlines, website and customer service outage windows, and a training opportunity.
Upcoming Reporting Deadlines and Outage Information
As we prepare for the retirement of the current website and the launch of the enhanced website, we will need to temporarily pause data reporting to NSLDS. There will also be an outage of the NSLDS Professional Access website and the NSLDS Customer Support Center.
Please note the following reporting deadlines and outage windows:
Data Reporting Deadlines:
- Batch reporting to NSLDS will be accepted (and processed) until Tuesday, July 19 at 5 p.m. Eastern time (ET).
- Data submitted to NSLDS after this deadline will be held for processing until the new system is available and processing resumes.
- Online updates and submittal spreadsheets will be accepted until Wednesday July 20 at 6pm ET.
While the updated website presents a new look and feel, several key features will remain the same:
- The NSLDS Professional Access URL will continue to be nsldsfap.ed.gov
- Users will log in with their existing credentials; no additional enrollment will be necessary.
- Customer service will continue to be available at 1-800-999-8219 and email@example.com
- Online updates and submittal spreadsheets will be accepted until Wednesday, July 20 at 6 p.m. ET.
- All data reporting (batch reporting, online updates, and spreadsheet submittals) and data processing will resume on Monday, July 25 at 8 a.m. ET.
The NSLDS Professional Access website will be unavailable from Wednesday, July 20 at 6 p.m. ET until Monday, July 25 at 8a.m. ET.
Note: As stated above, users with existing log-in credentials will continue to have access once the new website launches. However, users should confirm now that their access is current and active for a smooth transition. If necessary, you can reset your password on the NSLDS Login page or call the NSLDS Customer Support Center for assistance at 1-800-999-8219.
Customer Service Outage
- The firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox will temporarily stop accepting incoming email messages on Friday, July 8 at noon ET.
- The NSLDS Customer Support Center will temporarily stop accepting telephone calls on Wednesday, July 20 at 6 p.m. ET.
- Email messages will once again be accepted and telephone calls may resume on Monday, July 25 at 8 a.m. ET.
- Requests for assistance that are pending at the time of the outage will continue to be worked when customer servicer resumes on Monday, July 25. During the week of July 25, new customer service ticket numbers will be provided to customers with pending requests.
NSLDS Professional Access Training Video
A training video is available to provide users with a general overview of the enhanced NSLDS Professional Access website, including a narrated walk-through of key features, functionality, and basic site navigation. Viewers may pause, rewind, or replay the video to better understand the website’s new look and feel and menu presentation.
To access the 20-minute training video, follow the instructions below:
- Log into the FSA Training Center (fsatraining.ed.gov)
Note: If you do not have a username and password for the FSA Training Center, select “Create new account” at the bottom of the login page and follow the instructions to create a username and password.
- From the main menu bar, choose “Systems Training.”
- Select “NSLDS Training.”
- Select “New NSLDS Professional Access Website Demo” and then the play button to watch the video.
- If you have questions about accessing the training, please contact email@example.com
FAS strongly encourages institutions to watch the training video. This video contains a comprehensive overview of the updated NSLDS system and functionality.
FAS will also be revamping its training reference materials and walk-through demo of the new functionality.
Please contact FAS at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. Thank you.